Monday, July 31, 2006

Nothing much happened this weekend.

I cleaned house. Moved some furniture around (the iguana now has different scenery to look at) and the dining room seems oh so much bigger! We moved the iguana's house under the window in the dining room and moved the table against the wall where the iguana used to be. Can't use as much of the table as before but it does create a lot more space in the room. I moved some furniture in the living room too. It looks a lot bigger, cleaner, and smells better. Oh, that might have something to do with the fact that I tore out the carpet. We are going to live with particle/press board as flooring for a little while. I have real hardwood flooring in my garage waiting for me to install in the living room. I just have to make sure it is enough to cover the floor. The room is quite big, 437 square feet (19ft X 24ft). The wood is older too, I have to make sure it isn't too dry before I try to install it. If worse comes to worse I will just purchase the laminate wood flooring at Sams Club a few boxes at a time until the room is completed. But as of right now, it may not be the prettiest flooring ever but it sure does smell better! (the cat had peed on it and so had my brother's dog & my dog.) Oh, yeah, did I mention that when I moved a lazy boy chair there was green mold growing on the carpet. Apparently someone had spilled some milk on the carpet and didn't clean it up. They just moved the chair to cover it up. That was the thing decided it for me. I had been on the fence about living wi/ subflooring.

That was Saturday. Sunday was a lazy day. We went to Church and then laid around the house. It had cooled off some. Big storm came through during church. Gomer had a friend over Saturday night and I took her home around 6pm on Sunday. Oh & Nikki- again- sorry for the "sights" you saw while Gomer & I were wrestling and having that pillow fight. Guess I kind-of "fell" out. Yikes!

Today the kids are home. Fighting. That totally frustrates me. Why can't they just get along. Why does my youngest have to act like she is the oldest? We are sitting down today when I get home & having a talk. I know that they know what I expect from them but I will be telling them again. and again. and again. Until it finally sinks in. Guess I will be telling them for the rest of my life just like my mom had to tell me.

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

We did the whole cleaning thing too. I did invite ya'll over for dinner. Wish you had come! :) One day. Maybe? I'm all for another surprise visit anytime you want!

chellfire said...

That's too funny, cuz last night Beanie told Gomer that we were going to come down for a surprise visit over Easter Break. It took me 15 minutes to get it through Gomer's head that I had not planned that trip- that it was just something Beanie really wanted to do.