Tuesday, July 18, 2006

The world needs to be purged from dumb people. What kind of special is a person if they don't even know what kind of Jeep they drive? A 5 minute conversation turned into almost a 20 minute conversation just because he didn't know what kind of vehicles he owned. & he had his current insurance policy in front of him. Yes, that is a certain kind of special there folks!

That brings me to wanting to vent my frustrations today. I know Whiny Wednesday is tomorrow, but I am going to vent today. First off, one should get a HUGE traffic ticket for driving 10 mph BELOW the speed limit during commuter traffic while hugging the center line and towing their travel trailer. Use some common sense there people, if there is more than 2 cars behind you on your bumper, pull over and let them pass. Stop for breakfast, go walk the stores, anything- just get your slow sorry behinds off of the road until the commuter traffic is done! Okay, feel better about that issue, now on to the next.

I am living like the Amish again. Huge storms came through last night and now we have no power. No damage to my house, but no power either. It went out about 5ish last night. I've heard rumors that it won't be back on until Thursday and more storms are predicted for Thursday. I guess that is one way to keep the electric bill down. Too bad I don't get a credit on my cable and internet bill, seeing how I can't use them either right now. My food is going to go bad too. That sucks. We went for a ride last night cuz my cell phone was about to die & I needed the alarm on it to wake my sleeply butt up in the morning. While we were out we saw a transformer blow up. It was kind-of cool. Red and white sparks were shooting everywhere. I was just about to turn onto that street when I saw the sparks, I turned the other way instead. There are trees and branches down all over the place. We went to my Grandparents to check on them for a while. Grandpa should have been on his oxygen but can't use it with an open flame in the same room and he didn't want to sit in the dark. He isn't doing very good. He gets dizzy very easily now and Grandma is afraid of him falling. She has a bad hip and would never be able to pick him up if he did fall. He fell once when I was there, the chair slid right out from under him. My SIL & I were there & we picked him up. I worry about my Grandparents. They are in their 80's and are feeling every bit of their age.

Okay, back to the venting. On my way in this morning there was a 2 car pile up. Seriously, 2 sedans were piled- one on top of the other- in the ditch. How they managed that one is beyond me. But that slowed up my drive too. Then I got behind another slow moving truck. They really should move faster than 10 under the limit! Remember yesterday I said I wasn't a patient person, while I wasn't kidding.

Now I am at work. I really wish people would listen to me when I tell them it is best that they schedule an appointment. Why is it that people don't want to schedule, they just want to show up. Then they get mad when they show up & I am busy. Hey, I told them to schedule, so is it my fault I am busy? Maybe I just need a new job. This one is getting on my nerves. But I have a great boss and couldn't leave him in a lurch. Even though he does it to me all the time! It would just be better if I could conceive him that I need some help in this office. Oh well. I've got to get back to the grind stone now. Papers don't process themselves! If they did, I wouldn't have a job!

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

Amish again huh? How hot is it outside? Yuck! It must be sweltering!! I have electricity. Why don't you guys come stay with me. Its a tight fit but hell we love you!Take a look at our website for jobs: http://www.neoam.edu/%7Eadmin/employment.html
Ours as in the college!