Friday, May 12, 2006

What a day!

I figured it was an omen yesterday morning when I slopped yogurt in my hair that things weren’t going to go smoothly that day.  

My day at work went smoothly enough, after I licked the yogurt out of my hair that is.  Hey it might sound gross but my hair was clean!  At 3 I had an appointment to get 2 new tires and a front end alignment, on my truck- it’s not code for a boob job!  The day before when I made the appointment they told me it would take an hour.  When I got there they told me one hour and 45 minutes.  When I told the guy that I had been told an hour the day before he said he would put 2 guys on it so it won’t take the entire hour & 45.   It was raining and blowing out so I stayed at the tire place instead of walking across their parking lot to the mall.  Now this is a national brand owned tire place, the company is well know for their good works.  They sponsor a show on ABC every Sunday night and have a hunky guy as the “host” and spend one family a week on a great vacation so they can come home to a new house.  Yeah, that store.  So I’m sitting in the waiting room watching bad TV- Judge Joe Brown was on followed by Tony Danza followed by the news. (Have you figured out yet that they didn’t get it done in less than the promised hour & 45?)  I did learn that Holland beach had winds that were 69 miles per hour yesterday; guess Michigan had its own mini hurricane!   While watching the Judge, I was entertained by a spirited lady that was talking to the TV. “Mmm.. Dang Girl!  You’d had just better live alone.” “You go Judge Joe Brown, tell her the way it is!” “Dang, aint no-one that picky!”  She was quite funny!  During the news I listened to 2 ladies politely arguing over politics.  They have a bit of a difference in opinion on who our governor should be and the quality of performance our current governor is doing.  They would look at me occasionally and ask my opinion on her popularity.  My response?  “Well, she isn’t an x wrestler or a movie star so how popular do you expect her to be?”  The lady that I was silently agreeing with laughed.  By now I have been sitting in the tiny waiting room (which was 12x13 by the way- I counted floor tiles) for 4 hours.  Yes, that’s right.  4 HOURS! During this time I did visit the bathroom only to discover that my monthly “friend” had decided to show up.  Oh lucky me!  I had to dig through my purse to find one lonely tampon.  Everything else was, oh guess where!  Go away- guess.  Yep. In. My. Truck. Which was up in the air having a man playing with her undersides.  Wow, that sounded kind of kinky!  Maybe that is why it took so long.  If vehicles had breasts that is exactly where I saw him tinkering around each time I looked.    
By 4:30 I was ticked, granted that was only an hour & 30 into the wait.  I didn’t want to be stuck on that side of town during rush hour.  I haven’t had to drive in rush hour traffic for 2 years now & I don’t want to if I don’t have to. It ruins your gas mileage, and isn’t that what it’s all about now?  By 7:11 when I was FINALLY back in my truck heading home, the traffic was pretty much gone.  I was starving.  The only thing I had eaten all day was the before mentioned yogurt.  Before I left for the appointment, when I was IM’ing with Duchess, I had told her then that I was hungry.  Even at that point I was so hungry I could taste a Whopper.   I ended up driving through Wendy’s on my way home.  
One good thing, my truck is now driving B.E.A.U.T.I.F.U.L.  I can drive from zero to 60 with no shimmy shimmy shack shack going on.  My alignment was way off- due to a bad ball joint I had already fixed.  The bad ball joint messed my alignment and balded my tires- unevenly.  Parts of my tires were as bald as an old man’s head.  

By the time I got home it was after 8.  I did get to spend a little amount of time with my kids before I shipped them off to bed.  Beanie had another night terror last night, which meant she ended up in bed with me.  I don’t understand how someone so tiny can take up the entire queen sized bed.  Between Beanie and the cat I didn’t sleep very well.  The cat kept pawing at my closet doors, he wanted in there in the worst way!  I ended up shutting him out of my room.  

I am so glad it is Friday.  I have no plans for the weekend.  Maybe this will be a peaceful relaxing weekend.  Yeah right!

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

WOW! What a mess! Do you think if you told that guy that you had your period and were gushing that he would have hurried up on your truck??? LOL - I cannot believe it took that long. Seriously 4 hours? I bet you were starving. I waited to see if you were going to get back online... well, have a nice quiet weekend. Get some rest! Hugs