Monday, April 03, 2006

Here is a quick recap of my weekend.

Friday: Gomer went to a lock-in/Dance at a church with one of her friends. This friend also spent the night at our house on Thursday night. Jeff drove to Detroit with his brother, wife & 2 kids. They purchased a vehicle off of Ebay and went to go get it. They are not comfortable driving in Detroit so they took Jeff with them. On their way home they discovered that the vehicle (purchased through a dealership) has a faulty gas gauge. It said they had a ¼ tank left, but the Expedition wouldn’t move, wouldn’t start, and wouldn’t do anything that required gas. So they had to go to the nearest station, purchase a gas can and do the usually things you do when you run out of gas. They ended up paying $2.75 a gallon for the gas too. They got Jeff home after I had fallen asleep, so when he got back he woke me up so I could go out & see the Expedition. It is really nice. Leather interior, 3rd row seat, alike my Durango only a year newer.

Saturday: Beanie had a Girl Scout outing. They went to Home Depot to do a kid’s workshop of building a bird house. They also had tickets to see Disney on Ice. They didn’t have enough time to build the houses at Home Depot so one of the troop leaders picked up the stuff and they will be doing it during their meeting. After Disney they went to McDonald’s in Newaygo before the parents were to pick up the girls. Keep in mind that my Beanie is tall and very very skinny. She needs a size 8 in length of pants but needs a size 5 for her waist. She order and finished a Happy Meal then went back up for 2 apple pies. She ate both of the pies, all of them! The Leaders couldn’t believe she ate all of that. I had made her french toast for breakfast too. They wondered where she put all of that food! I wondered too cuz when we take her there she can hardly finish her fries let alone the fries, burger & 2 apple pies! BTW, Gomer spent the entire day sleeping on the couch. And then she slept all night too!

Saturday night Jeff & I and Travis & Duke went out. We meet up with Melanie and some of her friends at the bar. We did leave there before closing, I was surprised. Travis came out to the dance floor & asked me if I was ready to go. They never leave for the lights come on! Melanie went with us, we went to breakfast. The gal that owns the restaurant is one of the girls that wanted Jeff when we first started dating. She is a very heavy set gal. She still wants him I have been told. She wants his brother Jason too, Melanie’s husband. I told the guys that I had better sit between Duke & Travis so she wouldn’t spit on my food! We all ordered omelets and all of us, except for the one that ordered it that way, got burnt toast.

Sunday: We went to church and then stayed for the surprise birthday party for our minister. After we got home, Jeff & I took naps. Yes I know, we are wussies and can’t handle the time change anymore! After our naps both of our stomach’s hurt and we decided that the restaurant owner poisoned our food and made us sick. We both had sour stomach. I hate sour stomach! I would rather have the throwing up a lung cuz I puked so much flu than to have sour stomach. I stayed in bed for most of the day. Hey I had to have a nap before my shows came on. Oh, by the way, if I were to ever give up men I wouldn’t have a chance at knitting a sweater (or a scarf- cuz that is what Meredith’s sweater looked like). I can’t knit, not at all. I think I would bake. I love to bake.

This morning it was so hard to get out of bed. Here it is the perfect kind of day to just stay in bed and read or sleep. It is cold, rainy and gray outside. And my bed, is as Gomer says, the Snizzle! As soon as I am done feeding my kids tonight I am climbing back into it. I have to get out of it earlier tomorrow so I can go work out again. I lost 5 pounds last week and I want to lose about 30 more!

No comments: