Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Today I am feeling sad.

I don’t know why the news Sherry gave me yesterday is affecting me as much as it is. Sherry’s 5 year old niece passed away yesterday. She had cerebral palsy and was sick a lot. They had her tonsils and adenoids removed last week, hoping that would help her. Yesterday around noon she stopped breathing. Her mother tried CPR on her until the ambulance got there, but it was too late. The mom is pregnant right now for their sixth child. It’s all so sad. She was a beautiful child, happy, full of life. Now she is gone. I know she is in a better place, no pain, no sickness, but I just can’t imagine the pain and grieve her family is going through.

When Sherry was telling me the news last night on the phone I volunteered Gomer as a sitter for her incase she needed one. Gomer had no idea who I was talking to and was being a pain in my rear the rest of the time I was on the phone. When I told her it was Sherry and that I had volunteered her to sit for Timmy she had second thoughts (she was actually being a royal pain by this time) until I told her why Sherry might need someone. Then she slapped her hand over her gapping mouth and said she was sorry, she’ll do whatever Sherry needs her to do.

My Dad is going to be depressed this week, I can already tell. He doesn’t do well when it’s a child that dies. He is ready to sell the business already, I’m sure this will push him more to that point. (Incase anyone is reading this that doesn’t know me or my family, my family’s business for over the past 100 years have been owning and operating a funeral home.)

My prayers and thoughts have been with Sherry’s family almost every minute since she told me the news. Please take a moment and send prayers too.

No comments: