Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Why is it only Tuesday?

It’s Tuesday, wish it were Friday.  Friday is pay day, my favorite day!  I am thinking about rally the girls and doing lunch & pedicures.   My feet need the attention, heck I need the attention!  I haven’t seen Dork (Jeff’s new name) in 4 days.  I don’t really miss him, but I have been horny & well he works well in that department.  I have too many morals to go “get some strange” & quite frankly that sounds disgusting!   I wanted to go out on Saturday night but figured it would be in my best interest to stay home, so I stayed home and watched TLC most of the night- anything that would take my mind off of the before mentioned condition.  

Gomer was gone all weekend at a church retreat; Lil’Man left Saturday morning and returned Sunday afternoon. He and his cousin went to Caleb’s with their Grandparents.  They spent the night at a hotel and swam too.  He had been looking so forward to this trip too; it made a great weapon to get him to clean his room!  Beanie & I were home all weekend, together.  Have I ever mentioned that the girl never stops talking?  It’s like she is afraid of a little quiet, she is rarely ever quiet, and she even talks in her sleep.  

Saturday early evening we had to go feed my brother’s horses.  They have a small farm going on at their place, 4 dogs, many cats, 5 horses, a pot bellied pig and chickens.  The chickens and cats are free to roam, the rest are contained.   The chickens, however, are not allowed into the barn.  So when I opened the barn door to get the horse food, guess who made a bee-line to the door?  Yep, those chickens.  I was trying to figure out how I was to get 4 bales of hay out of the barn without letting the chickens in, I’d have Beanie stand guard and keep them out!  Sounded like a good plan to me and Beanie wanted to help.  So I yelled for her to get out of the truck & told her what I wanted her to do.  Well, she started walking towards me and the chickens decided to go to her.  She wasn’t going to have any of that!  She ran back to the truck and started crying.  I’m still over by the barn, I start telling her that they can’t hurt her- she is bigger than they are.  That didn’t work.  So I told her if they get to close to her then she should kick her legs and flap her arms around- I even demo-ed for her (sure I looked really nice dancing & flapping around the yard!).  She still wouldn’t have anything to do with it.  I had to go retrieve her and hold her hand.  I got her to the barn and showed her how to keep the chickens away, she calmed down when she saw she could bully them around.  She is all about controlling others (I think that has something to do with her being the youngest & all).   I just had to laugh and remember what Diva wrote about with her rooster experience when I saw my child crying at the back of the truck.  I know, what a horrible mother, laughing at her child.   But hey, I earned that right- just like my mother did.  I am sure I made great comic relief for her in my younger days.  And then lots of stress in my teen years!
****sidenote regarding the chickens: the next day I took my dog, a blue heeler, over and as soon as she got out of the truck she started chasing the chickens around**********

Speaking of stress, Gomer has learned that stress kills.  Now she is overly worried about me.  She knows the amount of stress I am under and how cranky I can be when I get home after work.  She learned some mediation that she wants me to do, twice a day.   She told me last night that she doesn’t want me to die first; she doesn’t want to live with her dad.   She also stated if one of us has to die first it had better be her dad so we can collect on his social security!  Dork has made that comment on more than one occasion, that if he were dead he would be making more of a contribution to his kids (financially speaking).  
Okay, I am very hungry now and I am going to go get some food as soon as my boss gets back.  I am getting light headed and the M&M’s aren’t cutting it anymore, they are just making my stomach hurt.

Catch ya later!

No comments: