Monday, March 13, 2006

Did I have time to relax?

Here’s the rundown for my weekend.

Gomer was gone from Friday early evening til Sunday afternoon at a church event.  We traded her for 2 of my brother’s dogs.  That means I had 3 dogs in my house this weekend!  That is a lot of dog!

Friday Night, didn’t do a darn thing other than watched tv, took dogs outside to pee, and cleaned up my house after the kids destroyed it all day during their day off of school.

Saturday AM:
Started my morning out around 7:30 or so when Beanie got up.  She is a bit loud in the morning & doesn’t like to be the only one up.  I got up to get Lil’Man up for baseball camp, he wanted to take a shower before hand.  (The boy hates to take showers so when he asked me to wake him up at 6:30 so he could shower I had to check him for a fever!)  Seeing how his camp didn’t start until 9, I didn’t see why he couldn’t sleep til atleast 8 before he showered.  When he got up, his feet where sore (he has eczema on his feet).  I told him to soak his feet for I could treat them.   While he was getting out the 18 quart foot basin and filling it with warm water, I got the cloths out of the dryer (keep in mind that someone else put these cloths in the washer & then in the dryer).  Apparently someone had forgotten to check their pockets before sending their cloths to get washed.  A blue and a green crayon were left in a pocket.  The inside of my dryer had streaks of green all over it!   I was ticked!  The inside of the dryer was still hot, to that made clean up very easy.  However, the cloths were not as easy to clean.  Most of the stuff ruined was mine, of course.  Gomer did have a nice teal sleeveless ruffled shirt that got the most of the green crayon on the front of it.  My satin lounge pants out the rest of the green crayon.  I wasn’t happy at all!  I quickly got on-line to find a way to get it out.  I found a site that had many people raving about 20 Mule Team Borax and how it got the melted crayon out of their cloths, so I decided to try it.  I had to go to WalMart anyways, might as well pick some of that stuff up.  Well, as I was dealing with the dryer, Lil’Man was trying to get the almost all the way full basin of water down to the living room so he could soak while he watched cartoons.  He sit it on the step to get better hold of it, but he wouldn’t take his eyes off of the tv.  Whoosh!  18 quarts of warm water all over my carpet!  No one could move fast enough to even try to clean up that much water before it settled into the (not so clean) carpet.  Hey, it doesn’t matter if you vacuum everyday, no one has dirtless carpet!  It even was on the spot that the Kirby salesgirl had spent 30 minutes vacuuming just 4 days earlier.   I got out the Little Green Clean Machine, it doesn’t suck very well, to try to get the extra water out.  Now that the water is dried, I have a brown water stain in my oatmeal berber carpet.    Hopefully the carpet will be gone by the end of the week and it will be replaced by hardwood.  

Okay, we’ll skip ahead to 9 am.  Drop Lil’Man off at baseball camp at the high school.  (Let me tell you, the coach- yum yum- I’m wiping the drool from my chin just thinking about him!)  Beanie & I head off to WalMart to get a few things, like a birthday present for my niece, a few little things for my 2nd cousin’s baby shower and some 20 Mule Team Borax to remove the crayons.  I am in need of gas for my truck but figure Fremont always  have cheaper gas than Newaygo so I would fill up there.  Well according to my truck I was 11 mile to empty and Fremont is 10 miles from Newaygo.  I got about 2 miles to Fremont & my truck says I have 0 miles to empty.  I did make it to the gas station only to find that it is 8 cents more per gallon than Newaygo.  Geez!  Hey 8 cents is 8 cents, multiply by 20 gallons.  So I put in $5 and got a whole whopping 2 gallons, but that got me about 20 miles so I filled up in Newaygo when I got home.  I know, I am cheap.   When back in Newaygo we stopped at a friend’s hair salon to say HI and to see if any of my bath salts had sold.  I picked up a few of the salts to add to the baby shower gift and got some money for the ones that did sell.  Then we (Beanie & I) head back home.  We had about an hour before Lil’Man was done with camp.  We got home just in time to see Jeff getting into  Travis’ car to go let the horses out.  (We were also taking care of my brother’s horses while they were gone).  So Beanie & I went with him.  We delivered some gs cookies too.  We got back just in time to pick up Lil’Man and got home to his Grandma waiting for him in the drive.  He and his cousin Nick were going to the Monster Trucks w/ their Uncle Jer.  Beanie & I had just enough time to get changed and go pick up Alex & Ali for the birthday party in Ravenna from 1-4.  The party was fun, my feet and legs were sore by the time we left.  Someone had to skate with the little ones!  

We had Family Fun night at church at 6.  Not very many showed up, a lot of people were out of town this weekend.  We left there around 9ish.  Beanie took a friend with her.

Sunday:
AM church til noon.  Beanie had a gs cookie sale from 12:30-2:30, we had a baby shower at 2.  My grandma picked me up at 1:30, we went & picked up Beanie from the sale then headed to cousin Brenda’s for the shower.  Hey Jenn, guess what baby I got to hold?  She was making eyes at me from across the room, she is so cute!  Little Macy is getting big!  The shower was fun.  Lauri, Kerri, and Angie were there too (dur- that’s how Macy was there!)  I hadn’t seen Joyce in like forever, same with Grandma Coleen.  Aunt JoAnne was there (she is after all the Great Grandma to be!)  It was nice to see everyone again.  We got home around 5, Gomer was dropped off at Brenda’s for me.  I had time to clean my house and finish laundry before my shows started at 7.  So from 7 til I fell asleep it was nothing but relaxing.

I’m hoping to get more time to relax this weekend.  I have a spa party to go to on Saturday and then we are going out afterwards, but otherwise I have nothing planned.

No comments: