Monday, January 23, 2006

This weekend

This weekend seemed uneventful.  

Friday night: stayed home.  It snowed- a lot.  We (the kids & I) were going to go to Fremont to their Uncle Jason’s house.  We ended up staying home.  Beanie fell asleep by the time the rest of us were ready to head out the door.   Lil’Man was very disappointed that we didn’t go.   By 11pm though everyone was in bed & all the kids were sleeping.  I was watching tv.  Close to midnight I heard some strange noise outside of my bedroom window.  I took a peek outside to see a small pickup truck (S-10 size) out on the sidewalk across the street.  I live on a corner & the truck was on the opposite corner.  They were spinning their tires on the sidewalk trying to get some traction.  They were pointed right at my house.  I could just see them hitting the one clear spot on the road & come careening into the corner of my house, which would have happened to be my bedroom!  Luckily that didn’t happen and I was able to go to sleep without a truck in my room.

Saturday morning & afternoon:  We got up and started cleaning the house.  I just find it hard to believe how messy my kids can be.  The house is now clean & I hope it will stay that way for a long while.  & when I say clean, it is “put the house on the market & let’em come on over & inspect the house” clean.   That’s the downstairs anyway.  I take no responsible on how the upstairs looks.  I try to not go up there; I tend to get upset when I do.    At one point, Lil’Man had told Gomer that he & I were no longer on speaking terms.  His Uncle had a package delivered to our place & we were going to bring it to him.  Lil’Man was hoping to stay over there to play with his cousin.  Well the kids were going to Gma’s @ 5pm and we were running out of time to go to Fremont to deliver the package.  So Lil’Man was upset with me, again.  Nothing new.   Around 4 Gomer & I head to the store to pick up a new garbage can.  I threw the old one away; it was so disgusting I couldn’t stand it anymore.  I also picked up a squirt bottle.  I am going to put some smelly stuff in it for when the dog gets into the trash I can spray her on the nose & she’ll get out of it & stay out.  Gomer also ended up getting a new t-shirt.  It says something about she’s looking for a cowboy.  It’s real cute; maybe I’ll post a picture of it.  

Oh, side note:  My dog is so naughty!  While we were cleaning I was also looking for the lost remote for the digital cable (still haven’t found it).  I moved the lazy boy chairs and decided to check to see if the remote had fallen down into the cushions.  I stick my hand down the side of one of them into something all squishy and gross.  I pulled my hand out of there so fast, the whole while yelling “Awwwwwwweeeeeeee, Aaaawwwweee!”   I pull the cushion back to see what is now under my nails.  It is a pale yellow, almost white color.  I immediately think of the bone Gomer had giving her the week before, it had been frozen and I thought maybe the morrow had fallen out and that is what is squished.  I then pull it out & discover the dog was hiding a stick of butter in my lazy boy!  So gross!

Saturday late afternoon into evening:  I left to take the kids to Gma’s almost 20 minutes later then I had planned.  We passed their Uncle Jason on our way there (he was on his way to my place to pick up the before mentioned package).  After I deposited the kids at Gma’s house I had to go to Travis’ to pick up Jeff & Travis.  Then back to my house to shower & change before the girls showed up.  The spa party was to start at 7.  I had 45 minutes by the time I got home.  Luckily everyone was running late.  Only Jenn & Sherry showed up for the party, but it was a lot of fun!  Mel got there late, at the end- it was her Gpa’s b-day party day.   After the party was done & we all (cept Mel) felt relaxed and refreshed, we got ready to go out.  First we went to the Sportman’s for dinner then we stopped at State St Pub for a quick minute then we headed to City Limits in White Cloud.   Jeff & Travis went with us, or as Jenn refers to them as “Dumb & Dumber.”   We had a lot of fun.  Mel got a bit tipsy, so much so that she danced- she never dances!   We closed the bar, then headed home.  

Sunday: Had Jeff go pick the kids up from Gma’s & take Travis home.  Then the kids & I went to church.  After church we hung around the house.  I was so cold that I decided to take a bath to warm up and relax.  Must have relaxed too much cuz I ended up taking a nap in the tub!   So instead of falling under & drowning I decided to get out & go finish my nap in bed.  I had just over an hour to sleep before we had to leave for youth group.  On our way to youth group I had to pick up a couple of Dairy Queen ice cream cakes, it was Renee’s (one of the middle school leaders) birthday- she’s 28 now.    So we had birthday cake after youth group and then the girls (Sebrina & Beanie) started doing rolls & cart wheels in the living room.  Renee was showing them how to do them.  Beanie got down on the floor & did a bridge (back bend) and then told Renee that I can do them too.  So I had to crawl down onto the floor and show the adults & children that yes I too can do one of those!  While I was up in the air, Ali and Beanie decided to crawl under my “bridge”!  I didn’t realize Beanie was under me & my bridge closed on her!  I need to do those bends more often!   My back isn’t sore today.

No comments: