Monday, January 09, 2006

Another weekend- gone!

Another weekend has gone by again.  Where does all the time go?  Why can’t I bottle up some of the time I waste & use it when I need it?  Now that would be a product to sell and make millions off of!  Saturday I was supposed to go help Jennifer clean her new place, but Jeff never showed up to be with the kids so I could go.  Now Gomer is old enough to baby-sit her siblings but the girls were fighting like that was no tomorrow and I didn’t think it would be wise to leave them home alone, no matter how tempting it was!  So Saturday I did laundry, I even washed my bedding!  Then Saturday night we went over to Jason & Melanie’s.  Mel’s sister was there with her 1 month old baby.  He is so cute, lots of hair.  But man, was he fussy!  I so am done having kids of my own, I can hold & play with my friends’ kids!  

Sunday we skipped church, I know really bad but I had a bad cough that wouldn’t stop until I took a drink & didn’t want to start coughing in the middle of pray or something.  At noon, Jennifer called me.  Her furnace had gone out & she didn’t know how to light it.  So I packed up the kids and we headed south to GR to help her.  Turned out the emergency shut off switch on the wall had been flipped to the off position.  So while I was there we finished washing cupboards and Jennifer & I changed out the bathroom faucet.  That was a chore.  I don’t know why they make the spaces so small and the wrenches so big?  After a much struggling, one head bang against the screw holding the sink in place and a few choice curses from my mouth, we got the faucet changed.  Oh, yeah, I had to replace the trap and the pipe off of the trap that I broke when I removed the trap.  The trap had a big ol’ hole in it.  For someone that has never done anything plumbing related other then removing a trap to retrieve a lost earring, I think I did pretty well.  One word of wisdom to anyone changing a faucet, make sure you tighten the nut on the water lines before you turn the water back on.  It could be quite messy if you don’t and then you have all kinds of grossness to lie in while you tighten the nuts.   For all of my troubles (and my sore head that I swore was bleeding) Jennifer took the kids & I out for Village Inn Pizza!  When we got done I had 50 minutes to make it from 44th and Breton to Newaygo to watch Desperate Housewives.  I would have almost made it too, except I had to go to the grocery store & pick up some milk.  I had pulled into the drive at 9:05 and I received a chorus of “Hey, you forgot to go to Plumb’s!”  Man I thought I could get away with not going- we had ¼ of a gallon in the frig.  But no.. they made me go back to the store to get it and the chicken noodle soup that Beanie wanted.  So by the time I got back home and showered the grossness off of me it was 9:30.  I was just in time to see Lynette kissing Carlo.  I’m not sure what all happened the first half of the show but I thought the last half was pretty entertaining.

No comments: