Monday, November 06, 2006

Now it's time for a recap of my weekend.

Friday around 2 I left work (early) to go home to get Gomer & meet Giggles & Blondie. My kids' gma was picking up the younger 2 for the night and my brother was picking up the dog. We were to be in Frankenmuth by 6, it's just over a 2 hour drive (without a detour) and we left my place at quarter to 4. We had decided just to shoot across M46 to Saginaw and then take I75 South to Birch Run. Our hotel was in Birch Run and the girls were staying there while Giggles & I went to my work CSR dinner. Somewhere along M46 we hit a detour and we finally arrived at the hotel about 6:15. We made it to the dinner at 6:45, we missed most of the cocktail hour but made it for the dinner. So I only ended up with 2 free drinks instead of more, but that's good cuz I was driving. After the dinner portion we played a game and our table won. We got $15 gift cards to Bath & Body (which we both have used already). After the dinner and games were over, we headed back to the hotel. Gomer only called me once, I was impressed.

Saturday morning we hit the hotels free breakfast and then head to the Outlet Meca, aka Birch Run Prime Outlet. We shopped from 9:30 til almost 4. Let me tell you, Gomer does not understand the concept of clearance shopping. Most everything she wanted me to buy her was full price. I went there to shop for christmas & birthday presents, not to buy her stuff that I could buy at the mall in GR for the same price. I spent less then $10 on myself and got 2 new shirts and a bunch of lotions from Bath & Body. Lil'Man got a new shirt & a pair of camo pants from Aeropostale, and 2 new shirts from Children's Place. Beanie got a new denium skirt, and a shirt or 2 from the Children's Place and then last night I picked her up another shirt from Meijer. I also got her some stuff from Claires, got me some stuff at Claires too.

Saturday night, after we finally got home, I was to meet up with Hot Momma, it was to be girls night out. I had already picked up the kids from gma's and still had to take Giggles & Blondie home but pick up her little boy on the way to their house & still had to pick up the dog before GNO was to start. GNO was to start around 7, it started around 9 almost 9:30 & I still hadn't picked up the dog. She stayed another night at my brother's. I was the DD for the night, which I am perfectly fine with- I can have fun sober & it's cheaper that way too. We did a little bar hopping, visited 4 local watering holes (local can still mean in 4 different cities right?) We started in White Cloud and then headed south from there to Casnovia, hitting both towns inbetween. We closed the bar at Cas. As we are pulling out of the parking lot, both Giggles & Hot Momma exclaim that they should have used the bathroom before we left. We took back roads, so there are all kinds of apple orchards along the way. I told them I would pull over from them but let me get a little bit down the road to a more secluded area. They got all excited. I can't believe that a 31 year old & a 35 year old had never peed in an orchard before, or cooned apples either. All the way home after that they kept saying how they couldn't wait to get home to tell their husbands that they peed in an orchard and stole apples. They were too funny! Once back in the vehicle and back on the road, we drove past a dirt road that I just had to point out that I had sex on that road while he was driving and the car was still moving(that is not an easy thing to do in a coupe that is also a stick shift!). So that started a whole new topic of strange places that we had had sex in. Hot Momma got all sappy on us on the way home about her hubby, told us all of the hard times they had gone throught (I would not have made it through what they have!) and how great he is. (on a side note, I have seen some of the stuff he does that she doesn't know about and I really hope he changes and becomes more of the great guy she believes him to be, what I will not tell her what I know cuz I've been in that place before and sometimes it is just better to not know.)

Sunday the kids & I went to church and then picked up the dog. She was so happy to see us. She was running all over the yard and then ran right into my niece, knocking her to the ground. She broke her fall on the pavement with her elbow, the one she broke last winter. Luckily she was just a bit sore and not broken!

Sunday afternoon we cleaned up the house, stopped to get a birthday present and then went back to my brother's. From there we went to GR to Chuck E Cheese for a birthday party for a 5 year old girl that isn't my niece but still calls me her Aunt. Instead of the 8 of us going in 2 different vehicles, we all just climbed into my Durango to go to the party. After the party we stopped at Meijer and tried to stop at a home improvement store but they were already closed. We got home with some time to spare before Desperate Housewives came on.

Oh, while at Meijer (niece needed snow boots) I picked up some conditioner, or at least I thought it was conditioner. I go to use it this morning after washing my hair, only to discover I was washing my hair again! What a way to start my morning. I am now completely out of conditioner & will need to get some tonight. So now my hair smells like a Mixed Berry Smoothie with a twist of lime.

So that was my busy weeekend, I could have written it better but I'm not feeling all that creative right now.

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

Sounds like a good and busy weekend.. When do I get to go on a GNO? Sometimes it sucks living so far away! :) Granted, we are wamer here... snow is a minimum as well.