Monday, November 20, 2006

Friday night was supposed to be Girls Night In at my house at 7pm. I usually get home just before 6 and that would have given me time to make the "jello" and get stuff set up. But no. I just had to do this to my truck.
I was so mad! I had just crested a hill, doing around 55, and I suddenly saw a streak of brown. I slammed on my brakes, causing a 55 pound bag of dog food to come flying from the very back of my truck and smashing into the back of my seat, which my seatbelt had me firmly secured too. I then see butt and a hoove up in the air leaving my line of vision as the deer is airborn. As I come to a complete stop I look to my left and I see that butt again, only this time it is somersaulting into the ditch. I thought I saw the lower leg (no longer attached) rolling down the bank too. I get out of my truck as the steam is pouring out from under the hood. I don't even want to look. I was so mad, at the deer. I love my truck. That damn deer injured my truck! I was so mad! I jump out of the truck, my keys in one hand, the cell in the other with 911 already in the process of being dialed. Let me tell ya, it took over an hour for the sheriff's duputy to get there. By that time it was dark and cold. The guy driving behind me had stopped too. He had to go into the oncoming traffic lane to avoid hitting me. He saw the deer (it's entire body) hoover over my truck as it was launched towards the ditch. I told ya I was doing about 55, had barely braked when I hit it. The very help man & I went & picked up pieces of my grill out of the road so other cars wouldn't get damaged too. I look over in the ditch and the damn deer was GONE! I couldn't believe it. I couldn't find the hoove that I thought I saw too. I even asked the guy "this is where it would be, isn't? This is where I hit it, right?" He said it was. We figured the deer bound up over the hill on the side of the road and died in the orchard. I couldn't go looking for it cause I had to get my truck to the bottom of the hill so no one would hit it. I was so nervous moving my truck down that hill. There was no anti-freeze in it anymore. My poor baby bleeds green. Once I had the truck parked in a safe spot, I had decided not to go looking for the deer cuz with my luck the sheriff would show up while I was gone looking. One of my girlfriends that was coming over for Girls Night jumped in her car to come get me when I called to tell her I was going to be late. Another friend was coming from Grand Rapids and was also going to come pick me up. Let me tell ya, my friends Rock! Another gentleman stopped while I was waiting and went to look for the deer. I don't think he found it. I was going to have someone take me back to the scene on Saturday but the deer wouldn't be any good by that time. The gall bladder would have been damaged in the accident and the meat would be bile soaked by then. I was very mad that the damn deer damaged my truck and couldn't pay for it by taking up space in my freezer! I think I made about 15 calls while waiting for the sheriff. I called my brother first, after 911. He got me the number for the body shop I wanted to use. Hansen Collision- they rock too, if you ever need any work done to your vehicle, call Hansen. They towed my truck for me too. This whole thing is going to cost me about $165. $100 comprehensive deductible, $110 for towing (insurance covers $50 of it) and about $5.40 for the loaner car. I have to pay sales tax of 90 cents per day and they said it prolly be the 29th before I get my vehicle back. I will be so sad if they total my truck. It's worth about 9k, I owe just under 5k so if it were totaled I would get a check for about 4k. I could get another vehicle with that amount, but not another durango and I love my durango. Have I mentioned, I love my durango!

Saturday night, Giggles and I ended up taking Hot Momma out. She filed this week for divorce. Dirty Dog isn't with the bar slut anymore but he wants to end the marriage anyways. Hot Momma still wants to try to work things out, but he doesn't so she filed. She also hired herself a personal trainer on Saturday. She figures by summer she will be biniki ready and wants to make Dirty Dog think "Damn, why didn't I want to work things out?" Dirty Dog had the kids that weekend. He doesn't have a place to live yet, so he was a their house with the kids and she left for the weekend. Seeing how I am usually the driver and I had no wheels, we visited the bar that is within walking distance to my house. Giggles drove us to the bar, but we did end up walking home. There is a staircase in our route that has like 114 steps to it and the surface is a grate. Let me tell you, it isn't easy to walk up those stairs in 3 inch heeled boots. Hot Momma had on stillitos too, her heels kept getting stuck in the grates. I did find out a little interesting piece of info though while we were out. My x's cousin and cousin's wife are the djs at this bar. Apparently last weekend, when it was the x's weekend w/ our kids, he took his gf bowling with his brother & brother's wife. (guess my oldest was the sitter of my siblings and her cousins.)

Sorry for the interuption. I have to go meet someone for lunch. I promise I will finish as soon as I get back. I will just edit this post.

Okay, I'm back now. Yummy lunch w/ the Hansen Collision Goddess (marketing rep that visits me at my office)

Back to the story. Anyway. One of the x's aunts and some of her adult children were at this same bowling alley. She knew that the x & I are not together (but she loves me!) and she also knew why (said gf that he was with that night). She marched up to him and asked him "what the hell do you think you are doing?" He then tells her, get this now- are you ready?, that he broke up with me because I had asked his brother (different one than the one he was bowling with) and wife to have a threesome! The wife in question would be Giggles. She & I are close, she is like my best friend in this state (my altime best friend lives in OK now), but we are not that close! I would NEVER ask anyone for a threesome. I don't share. That is why I have an x cuz I don't share! Granted without my knowledge I did share with half of the county at one point. Surprisingly I didn't get as mad as I should have, I actually found it a bit funny. I did ask one of the cousins "Please tell me your mom didn't believe that?" The reply "No, we laughed our as#es off! (insert X's name here) is a habitual liar. I had someone come up to me once and asked me if I knew him. This guy used to work him, he said if X tells you a story you cut it in half, cut it in half again and then believe about 1/4 of that!" It's pretty bad when your own family doesn't believe what you say. Maybe it didn't make me all that mad because I knew it was false and so did anyone else that matters. Giggle's hubby got pretty mad though, he wanted X's cell number so he could yell at him.

I will also be starting a 2nd job. I will be waitressing at a bar every other weekend Thursday, Friday and Saturday nights. They want me to start this wednesday, the biggest bar night of the year! Atleast I will make the money I need to pay for the damage to my truck, and I will make it all in one night! It's really hard raising 3 kids on just my income. I receive zero in child support (I think I might have said that before), so I found that in order for me to pay my bills and keep my kids feed, clothed and in school functions I had to get a 2nd job.

So I hope everyone's weekend was less eventful then mine, or at least no one else played chicken with a deer!

3 comments:

mt_detroit said...

sorry about the truck.

Jennifer said...

First off, I am so angry at you right now. I am supposed to be your best friend and you never ONCE called and invited me and yet I talk to you every single freaking day. So what if I couldn't come, the invite it what counts... BRAT! I HATE YOU!

So anyways... so sorry about the car - what a pain! I'd go find it and shot the dang thing for you if:
1. I lived in Michigan
2. I had a gun
3. I knew how to use a gun
4. I wasn't scared of deer
but besides that hon, I'm there for you.

By the way what time are you guys coming over for Turkey Day?

chellfire said...

Jenn- Nice way to show the love! Geeze! I was about ready to run and cry there for a sec.

Yeah, get this. Bonehead called me this am and asked if it was alright for him to pick the kids up around 6 on Wednesday instead of 3:30. & then said he could keep them until Sunday. WTF! Just last night I went & got all the stuff for Thanksgiving dinner for the kids cuz he said he was going to bring them back(spent like $50 I could have put towards bills- I got other groceries too.) I was ticked. Granted it is his holiday according to the Michigan guidelines but he told me the other day he would return them on Thursday so I planned on making them a big dinner. Now he is going to bring them back on Thursday and pick them up again on Friday.