Thursday, August 10, 2006

Rah Rah!!

Beanie is going to be a Rah Rah this year. Now I do believe that competitive cheer is a sport, but pee wee/rocket/youth league football cheerleading is not a sport. It's little girls in short skirts yelling at a crowd that is not listening to them that they are going to run over the other team like a Kawasaki. S0metimes they are even telling the team to tackle that ball when they are playing offense. Yeah, that's right. I think I would be more supportive of this cheer thing if they had actual cheerleaders from the High School there on occasion to teach the girls some real cheers and some formations or something. The moms that are coaching either have never been cheerleaders or it's been 15 years since they wore a lolly and waved their pom poms. Oh, wait, some of them might still do that for their husbands!

Anyway, the Coorindator called me this morning to let me know when her first practice is & what time. I called Beanie at her gma's to let her know. She was so excited. I don't think I have ever heard her that excited! Her little voice got real high & excited, she was gasping for breath. I just started laughing & asked her "Are you so excited you're gonna pee your pants?" I was joking. Her reply "Yes, here talk to Grandma cuz I gotta go use the bathroom!" I was joking! She apparently was not. Her grandma & I laughed about that one while she was gone.

Now I just have to wait to hear from the Football coach to see when Lil'Man's practice is. I'm sure it is on Monday- same day as Beanie's. Last I knew they had 30 kids signed up for his age group. They needed 33 to split the team. I really hope they got the needed 3 kids, one big team is good in some aspects but I would prefer more play time for my son. Guess I am just selfish that way. Did I ever tell you he is a Tackling God?

This fall is going to be busy. Atleast Saturdays are. That is when the football games are. Beanie's games will be first, followed by Lil'Man's games. The problem is that they will not always be at the same fields. So I will end up missing some of one of their games almost every week. I'll keep you posted on how they do and post pictures of both of them.

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

AWESOME! It sounds like a lot of fun. I cannot wait to see pictures of them in their uniforms! So whats Jordyn going to do? Anything beside chase boys?! LOL! :) You are going to be busy busy.. reminds me of soccer days... fun times..... this year Daws is doing Boy Scouts and Cass is doing dance. Fun times.