Friday, June 09, 2006

I am so ready for today to be over and it's not even noon yet! I started my morning frosting cookies I stayed up late making. Beanie has her Girl Scout Bridging thing tonight and we have to bring a dessert to pass. I decided to make Peanut Butter Cup cookies. (They are just PB cookies made in a mini muffin tin so they are cups and then I pipe in chocolate frosting, but they are yummy.) I had a 9am appointment coming in and I got to work at 9:01! We walked in together. Then during this appointment the computer system goes down (they said it would be down for 10 minutes- 30 later I was able to get back on). So now I have to call the guy back and give him the rest of the information on his home. Then I get phone call after phone call of cranky people wanting to know if they really have to pay the bill they just got in the mail. Well yeah, if you want car insurance you do! One of them had given me their credit card info & I forgot to process the payment, oops. It's done now, but they were the wrong people to do that to. I then had to explain to them what I still needed on one of their antique autos and why, I think he finally understood cuz I finally have everything. I did find out that I sent in the wrong picture with the stuff (he has 2 antiques and I had them confused). He showed me a picture when he was here writing one of them so I just figured he was showing me a picture of the one we were writing. How was I to know? I'm not a car expert! I know what I drive and that is good enough for me.

Last night Dork showed up at Lil'Man's baseball game. Everyone was surprised. Lil'Man's team won by 9. They did a great job, much better than Monday's game. They didn't even play like the same team. It was amazing. Anyway, back to Dork. After the game he came back to the house. He just hung around for a little while in the bedroom, the rest of us were in the kitchen and dining room. No one really paid much attention to him. I did send him to the store to get some stuff for the cookies. At one point he came into the kitchen and said he was going to go, that he didn't feel like he belonged there. Gee go figure, what does he expect? Does he expect us to stop our lives just because he has graced us with his presence? I dont' think so. Gomer was cleaning her room, Lil'Man was looking for his report card, Beanie was looking for her GS sash (still can't find it) and I was making dinner & cookies at the same time. And besides, I listened to everything he had to say during 6 innings of baseball, that was plenty. Duchess, get in touch with me & I will fill you in on what was said during the game. Can't blog about it however. He ended up leaving around 10 or so, he had to drive to Toledo yet. Don't believe that he was doing that drive last night but oh well. The drive there is like 2, 2.5 hours and the guy he was to meet said he is usually up till 11 or so. I don't think he was meeting with him last night. I need to just sit down with him and say, "listen this isn't working- here's what's going to happen- either deal with it or not but here it is."

Okay, I've got to get back to work. I really want to go home, or at least get out of here for the day!

No comments: