Tuesday, September 04, 2007

The other night we were working on the house, painting the floor (to seal the smells out) for the carpet can be installed. I asked my oldest to go get me the painting stuff, it is kept in the stairway to the basement on the shelves that are built in under the stairs to the upstairs. She opens the door, walks down a few steps and then starts screaming. The Blue Heeler (dog) comes running, cuz after all her Jordyn is in trouble! This is what was in my basement, it's been living there for a few weeks.

When I was having the hardwood floors installed in the dining room, the access panel to the bathtub was removed. My youngest brought this frog into the house to show her brother, well, it hopped out of her hand and down into the basement through the access space.

Kotta, the blue heeler-
started chasing the frog around the basement. She would touch it with her nose and it would jump away from her. She would chase it and paw at it when it would land and she would catch it in her mouth when it would jump. Apparently it tasted nasty cuz she kept spitting it out. It was really funny to watch! But she severly injured it in the process. The frog now has a nice little stone surrounded grave in my front yard.

Kotta 1/ Frog 0. R.I.P Frog!

1 comment:

Little Wing said...

I can just picture that dog wanting to play with the frog!
How funny!
Well not funny that the frog is in frog heaven (or hell).......that frogs life was over when your youngest brought him or her into the house!!!!!!