Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Basketball practice started today. I have 9 girls on the team. After the first practice about all I can say is -- those wall sits kicked my ass! My thighs are like rubber now, holy crap am I out of shape!

Sorry I've been MIA lately. Work has been busy. Last week was stressful, but it is finally over. The bar was steady over the weekend (there were no lap dances to be had this time. Did I tell you about that from last weekend?) and tips were alright. I'm working again this weekend, but the next weekend I have a work dinner in Lansing and then a group of us girls are going to a bar there & we will be riding the bull. That should be interesting and there will be pictures. Maybe I can re-inact my last horse riding experience!

My son's football team is 1-1. They won their first game 12-0, played the same school last week (2 teams for that school) and last in overtime 18-20. They played a hard game, but they could have easily won if they played hard the entire game. Apparently they don't work on defense all that much in practice. Seems like defense would be a good thing to practice to me. I will be the first to admit that I would NOT make a better coach for football, nor would I ever even attempt to coach it or to tell the coaches what to do. The practice more defense, that's just my opinion.

How sad is it that my freshman daughter gets more action than I do? She has a new boyfriend (as of yesterday to be exact). Before he asked her to "date" (she's not allowed to have an actual date until she has her driver's license) they were walking together after school and she thought he went to hug her so she went to give him a hug and he kissed her. She kissed him back until she realized he had Combos in his mouth. I love that I have such a good relationship with my daughter that she would tell me all this! Just to let ya'll know, I've had many many talks with my daughter and I know that she will not do anything more than kissing for quite a long time. She does tell me all the stuff the other girls in her class are doing. High school really hasn't changed all that much in the last 19 years. And the saying, like mother like daughter, it really rings true for some of them!

Well g'nite all. My old behind is tired tonight. I think I rediscovered some muscles I had forgetten about.

4 comments:

Little Wing said...

Oh it will get better, lol!

Oh you are going to love that mechanical bull, ever ride one before???
The more you drink the funnier they get!!!!!!!
Enjoy!!!!!!

chellfire said...

I've never ridden one before, so this should be interesting! I do plan on having a few before we even get to the bar,it's an open bar at the work dinner. Yee Haw!

mt_detroit said...

I will never forget when my mom had a talk with me during my Junior year of highschool about how my dad was jealous that I was getting more than him. Then she told me that perhaps we should try to be a little quieter.

Little Wing said...

Mikey?????