Friday, November 18, 2005

What is that cold white flakely stuff on my lawn?

Okay, I want to know, Who ordered the snow? It certainly wasn't me! I am perfectly fine with no snow until Christmas and then it melts away shortly afterwards. I wouldn't mind snow at all if it were to stay off of the roads. I just know some crazy driver who thinks his SUV is just the conquerer of all things snowy will lose control and take me out with him! The snow started to fall Wednesday afternoon, after it had rained all morning. So the snow has a nice ice base- doesn't help with the driving what so ever!

When I got home on Wednesday night, after the normal 45 minute drive that turned into an hour & 1/2, I had to get the lawn tractor & bikes into the shed. I've been on the kids for days to get the stuff put away but they don't listen to me about that kind of stuff. So Gomer & I were outside in the cold, snowy weather taking care of stuff. The tractor was froze in place and the key was frozen in it's hidy spot so we had to push it across the yard to the shed. What fun. After we got that taken care of we tackled the garage. I have a 2 1/2 stall garage that up until Wednesday night had only housed the boat & all of the stuff I don't want in the house. I had to re-arrange the stuff to make room for the Durango. I had done this in the summer but the kids decided to play in that extra space and it was full of kid clutter. Now there is stuff (mattress & sheet wood) on top of the boat. Did you know the boat makes a great place to hide christmas presents? The kids aren't allowed to climb on it & they aren't tall enought to see into it. Anyway, back to the story. After we got the space cleared I backed the Durango into the garage. I have to back in cuz the school is directly across the street & the bus route is the street my driveway is connected to. The bus drivers do not stop when they pull out of the parking lot. So backing out of my drive is not an option- unless I want school bus yellow embedded into my Durango and I like it forest green...thank you very much!

No comments: