Wednesday, November 09, 2005

Bacon, Anyone?

A friend and I went to Birch Run (an outlet shopping meca in Eastern Michigan). We did a little shopping on Friday night when we arrived, went to a company dinner, then back to our hotel (http://www.zehnders.com/) to get a good nights sleep before we hit the stores. Before we were able to shop til we dropped, we needed breakfast. We went to a local diner called Tony's. I had heard the portions were huge, so we decided to share french toast with bacon. Our eyes about popped out of our heads when the bacon arrived! It had to be about 2 pounds of bacon! We left most of it behind! How can 2 people eat that much bacon? After we had ordered I was looking through the menu, the BLT has a whole pound of bacon on it! That thing must be huge!
After we ate as much breakfast as we could, we headed back to the hotel to check out the indoor waterpark. It was so cool! I think I am going to take Gomer & 2 of her friends there for her 13th birthday! They have 2 slides that weave in & out of the building, they are fast & dark- sometimes you are in complete darkness. When we had played kid enough, we got ready to go shopping. We visited many of the stores but being on a time limit we couldn't get them all. I had to get back to my kiddos, Lil'Man had an end of the season football party at a roller rink @ 4:30 and I was shopping over 3 hours away. So the rush started at 1 and didn't end until 9pm! I was tired. We left Birch Run around 1, arrived in Grand Rapids around 3:15- giving me 1 hour & 15 minutes to get Lil'Man to the roller rink. They were at Grandma's, an hour drive from Grand Rapids, the skating rink is in Howard City- about 20 minutes from Grandma's. We just made it to the rink. Only 1 cop (a state trooper) saw me, he pumped his brakes at me as he was traveling in the opposite direction as I was and I was nearing the expressway and by the time he would have turned around to nab me I would have been gone. Guess going 70 in a 55 isn't a good thing in their eyes, go figure!
After the skating pary ended at 6:30 (yes I skated) we had to drop off a few of the other boys at their Dad's house, then we had to drop off some jewelry to a cousin on the east side of Grant & then go to my brother's house on the west side of Grant to pick up the dog. Couldn't leave the poor thing home alone all night, last time I did that I lost a bathroom door. It was around 7:30 when we got to my brother's. By the time we were done visiting and got home it was 9:30 and bed time. Boy was I tired!
Today is a bit slower. We don't have to start running until 4:30. Bean has a Girl Scout skating party from 5-7, same time as youth group so I am hoping that she can ride with her little friend. We are also cleaning the house today, fun fun. Well gotta get back to work, the little slave laborers has stopped working and are watching a cartoon. Gotta go crack the whip! (just joking!)

No comments: