Monday, October 08, 2007

I'm in the midst of sports overload. We had our first basketball game on Saturday. The girls did much better than I thought they were going to do. However, we are so working on nothing up layups, passing and dribbling this week! It was interesting playing against my brother's team. 2 of his daughters are on the team too. He gave me some nice pointers for my girls. We play them again on Oct 27th.

After the 9 am basketball game we went back home and did yard work. I powerwashed the house, now it looks so pretty. There is a pine tree next to my house, along with an oak tree & a maple. All of that shade causes moss to grow on the siding. It is not very nice looking, but washing off rather easily. The X had decided to spend the day at my house with the kids so I put him to work in the yard too. He does manuel labor for me as he doesn't pay his child support.

And it was parents night for football/cheerleading. Our first game was at 3 and the next one at 5. The 3rd/4th graders (my daughter cheers for this one) won 50 to 28 and the 5th/6th grade team (my son's team) lost 0-12. They played hard but a few penalties cost them the game.

After the game all 3 of my kids decided they wanted to go with their dad for the night. I didn't have to work. So what did I do? Did I go out? No. I went to bed. How sad am I?

Sandwiched inbetween the basketball game, yard work and the football games, I went to visit my grandparents. Grandpa is back at home after his brief hospital visit. He just looks so depressed all the time. I think he is giving up. He told me that it's hard to stay alive and that he would just like to go to sleep and never wake up. He thinks that it would be easier on everyone if he were to do that. Grandma told me that he had said that he wants to die in the same year as Uncle Jim. It makes me sad. I don't want to lose my Grandpa, he's the only one I had. But I don't want him to suffer anymore either. I just hope he has taken Christ into his life again. The doctors have told Grandma that one day she is going to go wake him up and he will be gone. She doesn't want to find him dead. She's never seen anyone die and doesn't want to watch him die either. She wants him to go in a hospital, not at home. When he goes, I just want him to go peacefully and to not be alone.

Now that I have depressed ya'll, I'll change the subject to my schedule for next Saturday.

8 am football game, 9 am basketball game, another football game at noon, need to get Jordyn ready for the Homecoming dance around 4, then I need to head to work around 5:30. Wonder when I can squeeze a nap in there? My favorite band, Chas Blakemore and the Hillbilly Band, is going to be at the bar this weekend, so come on over and party!

3 comments:

Little Wing said...

So sorry about your grandpa, I know how sad that is.
But woot, a hillbilly band, lets rock!!!!

chellfire said...

Yeah, I stopped to see him yesterday and he seems to have perked up a bit. One of my cousins had been to visit earlier and that cheered him up.

I'm trying the yoga again, and no pain this time! I still feel great. I think I will keep doing it.

Little Wing said...

Bless your grandpa, and I am so glad the yoga is working out for you!