Thursday, October 04, 2007

Hello everyone. Nothing much new is going on in my life right now. Football is in full swing, my son's team is 2-2. We have our first basketball game this Saturday. I do not think we are ready yet. The girls give me such attitude at practice. I tell them to do something and they tell me no. I never told a coach no before, ever. It simply wasn't done. My own daughter does it to me, so the other girls see it and then they try it. There is a small handful that don't do it. They ran alot yesterday because of their attitudes. I just have to keep telling myself that they are only 4th graders and they are new to basketball. I don't want to make them not like the game but I want them to learn respect and how to play. 6 more weeks and then it's over. There were moments at last nights practice that I was ready to quit. But I'm not a quitter and I don't want to set that kind of example for my kids. I don't allow them to quit an activity part way through. Once they made the commitment, they have to stick it out. So I have to follow that too. Traveling and double dribbling is going to be the death of me!

I tried some yoga on Monday while my kids were at cheer & football practice. I only got to do about 30 minutes though. My body felt wonderful when I had to stop, every ache and pain that I had before I started was gone. They had all traveled north, and settled in the top of my melon. That happens everytime I lay on the floor, I have no idea why but it does. I had the most intense headache for about 20 minutes, then it was gone. The next morning I woke up with a horrible kink inbetween my shoulder blades and I can't get rid of it. Today is day 3 with that kink, it just won't go away. I've tried cracking my back and stretching, doesn't help. It's starting to make me cranky. My oldest tried to rub it out for me yesterday and the neighbor girl about fell over in laughter at the faces I was making so she stopped.

Okay, gotta get to work.

2 comments:

Little Wing said...

Chelle if the yoga is hurting you, stop and go to a chiropractor!

Little Wing said...

have a good weekend Chelle, hope the pain is gone.