Thursday, October 11, 2007

I would like to go back to school. Something in the medical field. Either radiology or sports medicine.

When I was in for my ultrasound for my breast issues, I had a strong desire to go into radiology. Which is a field I was going to go to school for between child #1 & child #2. I was even accepted at the local community college, where it is a fulltime 2 year program. Right now I just don't have the time or the money to do that.

Tuesday night when I got to football practice to pick up my boy, there was an injured player. The ambulance was pulling up just as I was walking across the parking lot. As a mother I had that sudden panic come over me until I found the location of the injured player. My boy was about 2 football fields over. The hurt player was a 4th grader, my youngest knows him. He has hurt his neck and they were taking no chances. He was in school the next day, all is fine. When I got over to where my boy was practicing all I wanted to do was devore him in a huge hug. I didn't care that he was with all of his fellow football players. All I could think about was that my son wasn't hurt. Lucky for him, he was out on the field in the middle of a play. He was saved from the ultimate embrassment, the hug from his momma!

I go through the whole sports medicine phase every football season. Everytime a player gets hurt I just think, if I were trained I could help that player. Last night at basketball practice, it was no different. The girls were dorking around & they kept hurting each other or themselves. My daughter somehow managed to fall while she was getting a drink. She hit her little head 3 times on the porclein drinking fountain, all during the same fall! I know, she is so gracefull! I know enough to know to figure out if medical attention is needed or not. Pupils were fine, no double vision, didn't black out etc. She does however have a big bruise on her forehead directly above her left eye. A goose egg appeared immediately, it looked so sore!

I really wish I had gone back to college. I graduated from High School in 1992, went to college for a year, where I learned how to hang drywall & get pregnant. After my daughter was born in 1993 I was going to go back to school. Then a month later my mother died. By the time the next semester came around I was working to support my child. I've been working full time ever since. I married the father, but he was never reiable enough for me to not work and go to school. So now I just struggle to raise my kids and pay all of my bills.

I know I could go to school part time and still work. Part of my problem with that is I am an impatient person. If it's a 2 year program, I want to be finished in 2 years. If I were to work too, it would take me 4 or 5 years to finish. If I had gone back when I was accepted, I would be finished by now. I would be making more money, have better hours and I would have health insurance.

& I'm trying to win Hannah Montana tickets for my youngest. Anyone know the secret to being the 93rd caller? I've got 2 phones going and all I get is either busy signal or busy circuits! I've registered with 2 different radio stations to win these tickets too. One is having a Mommy Fear Factor contest. I listen to this station everyday. I know the gross stuff they have their interns eat. I would be very worried if I were picked to be in the contest. But she really wants to go tot he show & it is 2 days before her birthday, so I would do it- just for her. Wish me luck.

3 comments:

Little Wing said...

Oh Chelle, if you can dream it you can do it!
Check into financial aide and get in the program!
Do it for single mothers everywhere!
If anyone can do it you can!
Good luck on the tickets, how cool that would be!

chellfire said...

Someday I will go back to school. I know I will. The desire to do so has been stronger lately. Thank you for you words of encouragement.

Little Wing said...

Chelle, don't put it off too long!
Go make it happen for you!