Monday, July 30, 2007

I got a letter from the hospital that did my mammogram. In the letter is says that the right side needs to be looked at by ultrasound. I went in cuz I found a lump and am sore on the left side. I talked to the doctor this morning, apparently they didn't find anything out of the ordinary on the left side but did find the nodule on the right side. For some reason I am not as worried now. I know that I have cysts on the right side. I wonder if I should call the doctor and ask if the nodule is in the same spot as the cysts are? With my family history I should just buck up, pay the money & get the ultrasound done. Then I will know for certain that they are just cysts and nothing more. I just hope that they can tell me on the 7th when I have it done.

There is major drama going on at the bar job. One of the other servers was fired on Friday night- about 2 hours into her shift! She was bitching about the sections and the manager was in a very bad mood and sent her home. On her way out the door she called the manager a "F-ing B!" and flipped her off. (granted she used the actual words- I'm just trying to keep this PG.) So the manager then calls her a bit later and tells her that she wasn't fired when she was sent home, but now that she said that & flipped her off, well, now she fired. [side note: this server has been skating on thin ice to start with so it was more than just the bad mood of the manager and the sections] The worst thing is that I had been called up to the office with the manager just before this all happened, so I was standing right behind the manager when they started agrueing with each other. It so looked like I said something to the manager to get this girl in trouble. But I didn't say anything. I didn't want to see anyone get fired or sent home. The manager & I were upstairs in the office talking, but not about her. See we (the manager & I) have been friends for a long time, she was a bridesmaid in my wedding a million years ago (just 12 but it feels like a million!) and other boys are great friends. We were talking about how she wanted the bar to run the next night (she had the night off and was worried) and we were talking about my breast health problems. This server that was fired, she also did our web page (even though someone else had been asked to do it, she took it upon herself to do it) and now she changed the password and won't let anyone else do it. The owners of the bar have given her 2 days to give it up. I don't know what they will do if she doesn't give it up. It's one of those public "friend" type pages that you use your email address as your login and you have a password.

I just don't like all the drama and for some reason I am feeling responsible for some of it. I am really considering changing jobs. I like the bar I work at, I like the manager and most of the staff. I would hate to leave, but I really don't like the drama nor do I need it in my life. Guess I had better think long & hard about it and I think I will even speak to my manager about it.

1 comment:

Little Wing said...

Drama sounds like it could be stressful.
Always good to get rid of stress!

Good luck with the medical!