Tuesday, September 26, 2006

I have either a head cold or my allergies are really acting up. I'm voting for the allergies. I hate being sick. I hate blowing my nose all the stinkin time. Dayquil isn't working. Advil Cold is kind of working. I think I just wanna go home & relax. But I have too much work to do. The office is moving on Friday and I have to pack it up yet. Internet is being installed on Thursday in the new office and the phones are SUPPOSED to be moved Friday after we close. Notice the big supposed, we haven't had much luck with the good ol phone company on any prior move and I am having a hard time getting ahold of anyone at the phone company to confirm everything for me. I'm trying again.

If this is not a head cold then I have this to look forward to until the first frost. It's this time of year that I pray for the first frost!

Saturday we had football. Our first game was Lil'Man's. It was a 45 minute drive to the game, they had to be there an hour early and kick off was to be at 9am. We left the high school to car pool/caravan over at 7am. 7AM on a SATURDAY! It was a horrible game. The other team was HUGE! They had 7, yes 7, 5 or 6th graders that weighed more than 150 pounds! They were not allowed to carry to ball but they were allowed to tackle the snot out of our little guys, we have 1 boy over the weight limit. & they were allowed to break one of our best running backs! Poor little guy. He suffered a season ending blow. They broke his collar bone. He is in very good spirits however & is still excited about being able to be the waterboy & to help the coaches out. Another boy suffered a blow to the head. He was out for the rest of the game. Lil'Man was surprised when the other team started to push him around. He has never had another football player actually push him back before when he was rushing forward. They pushed him around like a rag doll. It was horrible! But this is amother talking, so of course I thought it was horrible. Atleast Lil'Man didn't get hurt.

Beanie's game was at 5:30 in Grant, much closer to home. However it started raining at 5:30 and at the end of the first quarter it started to lighting- so they called a 30 minute weather delay. The cheer coach (who is pregnant for child #5- has all girls & thinks this is another girl) decided it wasn't worth the chance of any of the girls getting sick so she sent all the cheerleaders home. We went to my Dad's, where he filled my kids up with all kinds of junk! We then headed home, where I had homemade chocolate chip cookies, homemade apple muffins, and some other junk-ah- goodies waiting for us. Charlie called me before I got home & asked if he & his 2 kids could come over. So I had extra kids at my house all weekend. Did I forget to mention that KK (a player on Lil'Man's team) was over at 6:40 am to ride with us & didn't leave until after my brother came over? KK came back -this time with his brother- on sunday & stayed the afternoon. I had a migraine all weekend. It finally went away just in time to go to work on Monday.

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

Yuck. I worry about lil man playing football so dangerous! Go Beanie - when do i get to see pics of the kids in uniforms?