Monday, December 19, 2005


Another birthday at our household! This time it is Lil’Man’s birthday and today he is 10! Where did the time go? I really hope I am doing a good job raising him. I so don’t want him to turn out like his father. I hope I have enough of a positive impact on him to cancel out the negative influence his dad has on him. I so want him to treat women correctly. He will make some woman very happy one day (at least I hope!). He loves to message feet and rub lotion on them. I have no idea where he gets that from, cuz I don’t really like other people’s feet. Anyways, back to his birthday. I made him a Peanut Butter Pie- he is a peanut butter freak!. I will make a giant chocolate chip cookie for the rest of the birthday goers, as I realize not everyone likes Peanut Butter.
I got him Star Wars Episode III w/ the bonus DVD pack for his gift. It’s what he wanted so that
is what he got. He was counting down the days. He knew that I would be getting him the DVD, when he opened it this morning he said that now he has all 6 Star Wars movies. I even wrapped it in Star Wars wrapping paper. I know that as soon as he gets home he will be planting himself in front of the T.V. to watch his new movie. I just hope he does his chores first, after all the Grandparents are coming over to see him- not his underwear lying on the floor!

I can’t wait for it to get colder. I have decided that this year I am going to take the kids to Lake Michigan when it freezes. We live so stickin’ close & I’ve taken them to Lake Michigan twice! My poor kids- they had fun each time and ask to go back. My parents took me when I was in the 3rd grade. It is the coolest sight to see that huge lake frozen as far as the eye can see. And it doesn’t freeze smooth either. The waves freeze, so it looks like frozen mountains. When we went we were able to walk out on the ice and climb some of the mountains. It was so cool! I am hoping that we can do that this year too. However I will not take my kids out on the ice if I think even for a minute that it is not thick enough. I worry about Lil’Man when he goes ice fishing with his Grandpa. After the news report I heard yesterday I don’t know if we will go out on the ice or not. They reported that they found a fishing hole in the ice with some fishing equipment around it, tracks leading up to it and it looked like there had been a struggle around the opening of the ice. I think the fisher dude fell in and couldn’t get out. They had divers going in looking and a special camera because of the tempt of the water the divers couldn’t stay in for very long. I hate it when Lil’Man goes ice fishing, I always worry!

My kids have asked me already if we could go to Oklahoma for Spring Break. Geez, most kids would ask for someplace like Florida- but not my kids. They had fun when we were there before & they want to go back to visit Aunt Jenn, Uncle David and the Ducklings. Gomer does want to bring a friend this time. I might be able to swing a trip to St Louis, if Aunt Jenn & crew want to meet us half way. I think driving all the way to Miami & getting a room might be cheaper then staying in St Louis. I first have to figure out how much money I will have by that time. Spring Break is March 31- April 9th this year. I know that Jenn’s kids might not have break at the same time. We’ll just have to see.

No comments: