Friday, December 21, 2007

Merry Christmas!!!

A few weeks ago I refinanced my house to pay off a bunch of debt. Included in that debt was all my credit cards and my truck. Doesn't it just figure, now that the thing is paid off something goes wrong. I took it in today to the local Dodge dealership to find out what the clunking noise was. I thought it was brake related. Turns out it's the wheel bearings. $554 for them to fix it, and they wouldn't be able to do it until Wednesday- unless they sent someone to go fetch the part from a town about 50 miles away. Funny, seeing how I called a local part store & picked up the part myself for a mere fraction of the cost. The X is replacing it now. In my parking lot at work. I guess there is a reason why I stay nice to him even when he doesn't pay any support.

4 comments:

JQ75 said...

Glad to hear of your improved financial situation and that your ex is still good for something.

Support regulations are very similar among all 50 states, but are influenced by the local judge.

My judge after being absent form the bench and allowing the opposition to abuse me by calling me into court 45 times, causing me to loose my job for attendance, still felt that I should pay nearly $700 / month in support. The concept is called imputed income and that's what you need to give your ex a little incentive.

Little Wing said...

He really IS good for something!
Of course if he DIDN'T fix it, you couldn't get to work, and you might go after that child support!
Chelle, Merry Christmas to you and your beautiful chilldren!

Little Wing said...

Chelle, ok NOW ......
May peace break into your house and
may thieves come to steal your debts.
May the pockets of your jeans become
a magnet of $100 bills. May love stick
to your face like Vaseline and may
laughter assault your lips! May your
clothes smell of success like smoking
tires and may happiness slap you
across the face and may your tears be
that of joy. May the problems you had
forget your home address!
In simple words ...........
May 2008 be the best year of your life!!!

chellfire said...

jq75,
When the X doesn't have a job and doesn't really care if they set a support amount, it doesn't make a difference. He lost his driver's license due to owed support, he has a few warrents out for him too. He doesn't have the money, he can't pay support with pretend money. Why should I make his already difficult life any harder? I can support my kids without his help. Everyone knows it. The kids respect me and not him. He is only hurting himself in the long run.

I'm sorry you are having such a rough time with it all. I'm a glass half full kind of chick, so I believe things will only get better for you.